Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Foxtons - Crafty as Foxes

Something slightly different for you this week.

I am currently between properties and have registered with all estate agents in the areas I am looking in (Chelsea, Earls Court, South Ken etc).

Foxtons bombarded me with properties and tel calls mostly with stuff that didnt relate to my requirements. They then tried to tell me I needed to raise my budget. Then they sent me some good looking properties that were part of their "Sunday Market Scheme". This is where they get lots of viewing on a single Sunday and obviously hope to create an auction type scenario where people start bidding over the price to secure a property as they see how many people they are competing with.

Now I have found thenm out in another underhand manouvre and suddenly a light goes on in ones head. I was negitiating for a property through the sole agent. The property was priced at 586k 4 months ago then reduced to 569k I offered 549k which would have been accepted but the estate agent then said that Foxtons had appeared on the scene and told the owner it was worth 650k so being greedy as we alkl are she declined my offer.

Later that afternoon Foxtons contacted me with a "development opportunity" (its not its 4 studios than need a lot of work to convert and no developer wants to pay more than 500k). It was the same property. I told them to remove me from their books as they couldnt be trusted and that they were underhand. How can I trust any of their valuations now?. However since they have so many offices in London and have all the best properties on their books they virtually control the prices.

I will never deal with them at any price now. Spread the word

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pesky fucking cunts!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foxtons are vermin, anyone who as ever had any dealings with them will tell you as much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home