Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Longest 4 miles ever ????

I went to southfield on Saturday for an hour. When I went to the station later to get the tube to west brompton the station was closed due to the inevitable signal failure. The whole line was closed between Wimbledon and Parsons Green because 1 signal had failed at Putney Bridge. Now correct me if I am wrong but in the old days a bloke with a flag and whistle could have replaced the signal for a while. So why not today?

Anyway I got the bus to Putney then overland to Clapham Junction. I waited 10 mins for the train but it was already delayed by FORTY MINUTES!!!!!. On arrival at Clapham Junction I went to enquire where and when the next train for the 1 stop to west brompton would be. I was told 40 minutes.... FORTY MINUTES!!!!!. The journey from southfields to west brompton (5 stops) took over 1 1/2 hours. Unbelievable, I could have flown to Paris.

I had a tourettes syndrome attack at clapham and did complain vociferously. However my complaints were met with total indifference. In fact I think I may have been invisible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home